Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Silhouettes

Silhouettes are extremely popular right now and I decided to jump on that bandwagon. I became inspired by John and Sherry's silhoutte of their dog Burger and asked how they made it. Come to find out John had ordered it from a silhoutte maker as a gift for Sherry. I looked up the price and decided it was too much for me to spend on something I could surely make myself. So I gathered my supplies. 1. black paper (i used a piece of scrapbooking paper since I had that already.) 2. Several pieces of white computer paper. (again already in the house.) 3. scissors 4. pencil 5. glue stick 6. picture frame (I had bought months before but probably spent about $5 on.) I took a side profile picture of Pepsi and enlarged it to the size I wanted it on the computer. I held the white paper up to the screen and traced her profile.

It looked a mess but would work for what I needed. Next I cut around the tracing.

Then I pressed the cut-out onto the black paper and traced around that with a pencil.

I carefully cut along my pencil marks to make the finished silhouette. Now I needed to glue the silhoutte onto the white paper.

I cut the white paper down to fit inside the frame and taped it to the frame so it wouldn't slide around.

Then I found a place in my home where I wanted to display my silhouette.

Ta-Da! Mission Accomplished. It took me about 45 minutes and didn't cost me anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment