Thursday, January 21, 2010

Angel Poop




I got a ginormous bag of pecans from Jon's Grandpa during Christmas that he shelled himself and Candy told me I should make Pecan Divinity and since it's one of my favorite sweets ever I decided I definitely needed to make them. My husband calls it angel poop! It turned out soo good! They were incredibly easy to make. This is the recipe I used (from All Recipes.com.)

Ingredients
2 cups sugar 1 cup water 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Directions
In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250 degrees F (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallow cream, vanilla and pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment